Text a Realtor

If you have any questions, just shoot me a text message.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hurricane Katrina 8 Years Ago August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina Eight (8) Years Ago Today

HURRICANE KATRINA…8/29/2005
As I got ready for bed last night, I was thinking..this time 8 years ago I was evacuating from my home in escapes of Hurricane Katrina. My dad was in his car ahead of me, my daughter & I were in my car, my brother was behind us with his son in his car and another brother with his wife in their car heading to Tennessee. I kept wondering what was going to happen but as usual I felt we would be off for a day or two but would come back home. We ended up in Marshall Texas which is east of Shreveport, LA. We arrived just before 6am after driving 19 hours. By 8:30am on August 29th, 2005 we knew our homes were under water & sure to loose everything we owned. Long story short, we were in Marshall Tx for months, then in McComb MS, then Hammond, LA then made Denham Springs our home away from home. It was a hard struggle but I was surely not going to let a female named Katrina drop me to my knees. No way! We are survivors! Below are a few photos of our home after Hurricane Katrina.

2 comments:

  1. Photos are of of some of our damage inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are of of some of our damage inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete